11.04.2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies


Tonight I made fajitas for dinner which are extremely easy (see recipe below) so I decided to make use of all the time I saved by making my favorite dessert...Chocolate Chip Cookies! This is a recipe that was given to me by my Mother which had been handed down from my Grandma. When I was little, one of my favorite memories is my Mom making chocolate chip cookies...the smell of them cooking in the oven, eating spoonfuls of cookie dough..
And making cookies was the perfect excuse to use my kitchenAid mixer for the first time.

Chocolate Chip Cookies
3/4 cup margarine
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 1/4 cup sifted flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
12 oz package semi-sweet chocolate chips

Cream margarine, sugars & vanilla.
Beat eggs and add to mix. Sift & add flour, salt, and baking soda. Mix together. (If batter is stiff, add 2-3 teaspoons of water.)
Stir in chocolate chips.
Drop on greased cookie sheet.
Bake at 375 degrees F for 10-12 minutes.

I highly recommend doubling this recipe! You will not regret it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment